When will I see the results of Gastric Bypass surgery?
Weight loss after gastric bypass surgery is a gradual process.
Patients who have gastric bypass surgery start to see results within a few weeks of surgery as the restrictive and malabsoptive methods of gastric bypass promote rapid weight loss.
As the body adjusts to consuming fewer calories, weight loss slows but continues as long as patients maintain the correct diet.
Within 6 months of surgery patients will notice significant weight loss and most patients loose 50% of excess weight within the first 6 months post-gastric bypass.
One year post-surgery patients can see the complete results of weight loss surgery and many patients loose up to 80% of excess body fat.
- What is Body Mass Index (BMI) ?
- What is Dumping Syndrome?
- How much weight will I lose?
- Why is Gastric Bypass Surgery Successful?
- What are the benefits of gastric bypass surgery?
- Why have Gastric Bypass Surgery in Mexico?
- How is Gastric Bypass surgery performed?
- Am I a candidate for Gastric Bypass Surgery?
- What is Gastric Bypass surgery?
- Can I prevent dumping syndrome
- Can I eat normally after surgery?
- What is the restrictive element of Gastric Bypass Roux-en Y?
- What is the malabsorptive element of Gastric Bypass Roux-en Y?
- What happens during gastric bypass surgery?
- Why is the small intestine shortened?
- What are the risks of Gastric Bypass Surgery?
- Can I exercise after Gastric Bypass surgery?
- Who is to old or to young for gastric bypass surgery?
- Will I have loose skin after gastric bypass surgery?
- When will I see the results of Gastric Bypass surgery?
- Can I drink alcohol after Gastric Bypass surgery?
- Do I need extra vitamins post-Gastric Bypass surgery?
- Will I feel hungry after Gastric Bypass surgery?
- Can Gastric Bypass surgery fail?
- Will I need plastic surgery after weight loss surgery?
- What does it mean to be Obese?
- Why is weight loss important?
- What happens after Gastric Bypass Roux-En Y