With every surgery, risks of infection and reactions to anaesthetic apply.The following are surgical risks specific to Gastric Bypass Roux-En Y:
- The opening between the stomach and the small intestine may narrow making it difficult to eat properly
- Gallstones can be caused by rapid weight loss
- Your stomach lining may become inflamed
- You may experience vomiting as a result of the surgery or as a result of eating more food than your body can handle in the weeks after surgery.
- Leaking of fluids between the stitches inside stomach is rare but is a complication that can occur
A common complication following gastric bypass surgery is “Dumping Syndrome,” and nutritional deficiencies are a complication. Hair loss caused by nutritional deficiencies is experienced by some patients post-gastric bypass
Get a FREE quote for Gastric Bypass Surgery
Once you click the button you will receive your quote in your email within a few minutes and we will never spam you.