Are you considering weight loss surgery in Mexico? Patients seeking surgical treatment for severe obesity and its related conditions have a high-quality choice in Hispano Hospital in Mexicali, an internationally accredited program that meets the highest standards for patient safety and quality of care.
Hispano Hospital is the leading facility for weight loss surgery options in Mexicali. Where is Mexicali: Mexicali is the State Capital of Baja California located in the northwest Mexico, bordering with California and Arizona in the US. With its prime location, Hispano weight loss surgery patients find ease in travel to our leading weight loss surgery center as it is situated on the Mexico – US border adjacent to Calexico, California.
Our skilled bariatric surgeon, Dr. Ary Zarate, has established a strong, comprehensive weight loss surgery program that has improved the health and wellbeing of many patients around the globe. Dr. Zarate leads a multidisciplinary team approach that is comprehensive and personalized to help you achieve your weight loss goals. He takes great pride in helping patients suffering from severe obesity (who undergo stomach reduction surgery in Mexicali) significantly improve their heart health and blood pressure.
Gastric Bypass Surgery
What is it: Gastric bypass is one of the oldest and most well-researched types of bariatric surgery. In the gastric bypass, also known as the Roux-en-Y bypass, a surgical-stapling device is used to divide the stomach into a small pouch — near where the esophagus goes down into the stomach. As a result: This means that the stomach is able to hold significantly less food, thereby dramatically reducing caloric intake and leading to weight loss. The small intestine is then reconnected to the smaller stomach pouch in a way that overrides the first portion of the small intestines, called the duodenum — which aids in food absorption. This part of the procedure ensures that you do not absorb all the calories that you eat, resulting in gradual weight loss.
Our Gastric Bypass Packages include a Case Manager dedicated to your travel itinerary and medical travel program in Mexicali and at the hospital, any necessary transportation between hospital and hotel, a 2-night stay at Hospital Hispano Americano, all pre-op testing and exams, all related surgical costs: surgeon’s fees, anesthesia fees, equipment, hospital stay, nursing care 24 hours, and the meals and medications included while in hospital. (Airfare & additional hotel nights are not included in the package price)
Length of Stay in Mexicali for Bariatric Surgery
- Surgery duration: 2 hours
- Hospital Stay: 48 hours
- Suggested work disability: 14 days (office work)
- Adaptation to normal food intake: 30 to 45 days
- Significant weight loss: 2 to 3 months
- Impressive weight loss: 6 to 8 months
- Maximum weight loss: 12 to 14 months
Gastric Sleeve Surgery
What is it: Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Mexicali uses the same instruments as the Gastric Bypass, however the surgeon divides the stomach in a unique way to form part of the stomach into a banana-shaped tube and removes the rest of the stomach. The result: This makes the stomach physically smaller, enabling you to get full more quickly; not allowing you to eat as much at a single sitting. The hormonal component that is responsible for sending a signal to the brain when you are hungry is now removed.
Top Bariatric Surgeon in Mexico
Dr. Ary Zarate is a certified bariatric surgeon in Mexicali Mexico. He has emerged as one of the most talented weight loss surgeons in the Tijuana – San Diego region. His youthful spunk and personalized care has earned the trust and recommendation of hundreds of patients. Dr. Zarate has worked side by side with well renowned and respected bariatric surgeons who have helped him acquire experience and specialized techniques to provide outstanding weight loss results.
The Facts on Obesity
In the United States alone, nearly 15.5 million individuals suffer from severe obesity, according to the National Institutes of Health. These numbers continue to climb. According to the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, more than 200,000 individuals underwent weight-loss surgery in 2016. Obesity and your heatlh: Obesity increases the risks of morbidity and mortality because of the diseases and conditions that are commonly associated with it, such as type II diabetes, hypertension, and cardiovascular disease, among other health risks.
About Hospital Hispano Americano
At the leading hospital in Mexicali, Hospital Hispano Americano, we have more than 20 years' experience as a Premier Center of Healthcare Excellence. Our first commitment is to provide innovation and creativity, community-oriented social responsibility, honesty and integrity and visionary leadership throughout the medical field.
- Ambulance Service
- 24 hrs. Laboratory and Radiology department
- 24 hrs. Pharmacy
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Hemodynamic Room
- 5 OR’s
- 25 Private room for hospitalization
- 1 Bariatric Room
Who are our physicians? We have a full staff of certificated physicians at your service:
- Trauma and orthopedic surgeons
- Cardiovascular surgeons
- General surgeons
- Neuro surgeons
- Among others…
What can our Staff do for you? We have the privilege to assist and support all our patients with a dedicated Staff of bilingual doctors, nurses, healthcare professionals and a patient coordinator of medical tourism, who are committed to provide to our international patients with the most attentive and comfortable healthcare experience.
Hospital Hispano Americano is the only board certificated in town.
Having achieved the Consejo de Salubridad General (General Health Council) Certification, positions us as a regional leader hospital by complying with National and International Standards focusing in Patient´s Security and offering the highest quality medical treatment.
This certification allows us to deliver a high-quality and safe healthcare at our premises, complying with the Mexican Official Regulations in the healthcare area.
Some of the benefits of this certification are:
1. We are one of the four certified private hospitals in the state of Baja California and one of the eighty-six certified private hospitals within the Mexican Republic as June 2016.
2. We have implemented safety measures within the processes designed to comply with the international goals for the patient´s safety, established by the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Accurate identification of the patients.
- Improvement of the effective communication.
- Improvement of high-risk medications’ safety.
- Guarantee that all surgeries are practiced at the right place, with the right patient, using the right procedure.
- Reduce the risk of infections associated with the medical treatment.
- Reduce the risk of our patients of suffering injuries due to a fall.
3. Adult, pediatric and neonatal emergencies are treated by our highly-qualified medical staff available 24/7.
4. A personal assessment for each patient and their treatment needs, for example, psychological factors or nutritional risks that are not usually taken into account in the treatment plan, but can, however, have a negative effect in the patients and their family’s participation if not detected and appropriately treated.
5. We have implemented an original source verification system of the official documents that certify our specialists, which allows them to work in a professional manner at our premises.
6. Our facilities have the maximum safety measures to respond to any climate, geological and environmental contingency.
7. We have applied a Continuous Improvement System based on the detection and analysis of failures or mistakes that has allowed us to learn about them and implement the necessary measures and continue our improvement path.
Interested in more information or want to receive a FREE Quote? Contact us today.
Dr. Ary Zarate
Weight Loss Surgeon